Friday 27 April 2012

Gaming Day - Review and Gallery

Our Gaming Day on April 14th has been a full success. We expected about 25 people to attend, but our expectations have been surpassed: Over 30 wargamers and board game geeks gathered in Pleiskirchen to play, chat, eat and drink. We even had ourselves a small vending table with lots of Infinity material and other games (I got myself a Blood Bowl Team Manager!). I spent the whole morning playing a great game of Descent and got an introduction game to Infinity in the afternoon. Apart from that, there was a 40k table, a Warhammer Fantasy table, one big and several smaller Flames of War tables, three Infinity tables and some others for aerial and naval combat as well as for historical battles.

My personal conclusions for the Day:

  • I can hardly wait for the 2nd edition of Descent to be published, then bought and painted by me.
  • I need to play more and worry les about big armies (smaller or simply squad sized games like Infinity or Mortheim somehow suit me better).
  • You cannot have such a thing as enough scenery in a game of Infinity.
  • Dystopian Wars has got some badass miniatures! (Iron Sky anyone?)
  • As has Aeronautica Imperialis - my Eldar Skyhost is heading in my direction via Royal Mail right now. 
  • Blood Bowl Team Manager is tons of fun.
  • We need to repeat this Gaming Day soon. Maybe even this year.

Here are the impressions of our Gaming Day (more and utterly blurry photos in my Dropbox gallery):

Panorama view of our Gaming Day (via a mediocre panorama app)


















3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did :-) But next time I need to take a better camera with me and take even more photos.

      Delete
    2. By the way, even more photos can be found in Korbi's (our main organizer) Dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1893754/1/120414%20Gaming%20Day%20Pleiskirchen?h=9475e4 (Blimey! Do I look hungover in those photos ^^)

      Delete