Monday 2 April 2012

Children of the Horned Rat

Quuuiiiieeeeeek! Hide your children! The Skaven are invading our lands! Well, okay, miniature Skaven at least. But nonetheless evil and spiky (yes, ouch) little creatures that I learned to love since my friends gave me a box of Clan Rats as a birthday present in 2010. I bought an Island of Blood box not long after this. Today, I'm going to show you the first decent pictures I was able to make of this army. Expect a quick painting tutorial in the near future.


Weapon Teams are the reason I am collecting Skaven. Mischievous rats yielding heavy weaponry with the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent of uranium ammunition? Lovely! But I'm still waiting for Games Workshop or Warhammer Forge to release a proper model for the Ratling Gun (I'm rather unimpressed by the current version).


The Skaven Master Moulder and the Warlock Engineer are nice miniatures. I love to paint warpstone and warpstonish cables - so, yeah, I loved painting those two a lot.


Rat Ogres are great miniatures! I love their look and the possibilities to convert them are endless (trust me, as a chaos player I know what I'm talking about).



No comments:

Post a Comment