Tuesday 18 September 2012

New Chaos Space Marines: White Dwarf Leaks (sharper pictures)

I'm back and thus right back to business: There is a complete White Dwarf overhaul announced for Saturday the 22nd and in it there will be the new Chaos Space Marines. I'm really looking forward to this! Not an hour ago, Natfka postet a few blurry pictures of new Chaos miniatures in his blog. I soooo love the Maulerfiend - it looks vicious!

Here are the pictures and I tried to improve them a bit (sharpen, dodge & burn) because a) I wanted to see more detail and b) I thought why don't I share this with you :-)

I'm not sold on this one. Looks to cartoonish for me. Maybe I need another view of the dragon.

I like this guy. He looks a bit static but that's all.

This model is beyond awesome. I hope its rules don't suck *g*

Doc Oc - how do you transport this guy? Anyway, looks good!

Weird poses, but i suppose they can be posed differently.

The Chaos style we know from the Dark Vengeance box. Love it :-)

A single Warp Talon (there was another one, but way too blurry)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for working on those pictures! Although I must say I am a little underwhelmed by the models so far. At least the Fiends seem like a great source of conversion fodder ;-)

    On a totally unrelated note, I originally got here due to those photos, but that's quite an interesting blog you've got going here -- as coincidence would have it, with an origin story virtually identical to my own! So I'll definitely this bookmarked! Keep up the good work!

    Weiterhin viel Erfolg ;-)

    Cheers,

    KrautScientist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words :-) Now I'm curious: Where can I find your blog?

      And I agree with you on the fiends. Rumors say that the multipart plastic kit of the miniature will be quite versatile. Also, to me it looks like a Juggernaut and a Blood Slaughterer of Khorne had a daemonic child together. Which is nice because I like both models and daemon engines in general (like my Soul Grinder http://bawaaaghria.blogspot.de/search/label/Soul%20Grinder).

      Cheers,

      Klaus

      Delete
    2. Agreed: I am already contemplating how to make a Blood Slaughterer out of this ;-)

      My blog can be found here, by the way:

      http://www.eternalhunt.wordpress.com

      Delete
    3. Thanks, although I already found and commented on your blog :-) I could very well imagine the Maulerfiend as a Blood Slaughterer in your World Eaters army.

      I am a bit torn apart at the moment: After I heard about the Cultists and Dark Apostles in the new codex I wanted to start a Word Bearers army. Now, having seen the daemon engines and "Doc Oc" the Warpsmith, Iron Warriors appeal to me. Nerd problems ^^

      Delete