Wednesday 19 September 2012

Painting Tutorials on YouTube

What I always liked the most about the White Dwarf and smilar hobby magazines were the various painting tutorials. But I don't really want to pay 7 EUR per month for Games Workshop's ad zine (I hope this is going to change with the WD revamp) for some beginner tutorials and instructions on how to use GW's hobby tools. Other magazines like the German Tabletop Insider are published two times, maybe three times a year and most tutorials on the internet lack the quality of their printed counterparts. In a nutshell: I love painting and hobby tutorials, I want quality and I want it for free.

After some research I found some outstanding tutorials on miniature painting on YouTube. I want to introduce two dedicated tutorial channels with some of their best video tutorials.


Lester Bursley from AwesomePaintJob.com


Lester Bursley has literally dozens of tutorials on painting various Space Marine chapter colours. In his YouTube channel he also gives advice about handling airbrush tools which I find very useful. Watch this awesome video on how to paint Blood Ravens Space Marines.


BuyPainted



BuyPainted is the other YouTube channel focusing on tutorials. What I like about those tutorials is, that there are plenty of tutorials on painting vehicles and miniature bases. In this brand new video the guy from BuyPainted (sorry, I couldn't find his name) paints the Interrogator Chaplain from the Dark Vengeance starter box.

I've spent hours over hours watching those tutorials (a few of them even twice) and can't wait to get my hands on an airbrush pistol myself now! Have fun with the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment