Tuesday 2 October 2012

Blogwatch: Painting Metal, the Ruinous Powers and thoughts about GW

He reads all the blogs!
I want to start a new series of articles in which I want to pay tribute to the work of others. So, from now on I start collecting good blog posts, great tutorials/miniatures or other things worth reading and will post them here on Bawaaaghria! from time to time. In this first issue, I want to present you a few articles from blogs I subscribed to:


  • From the Warp: Creating metal effects with just a few washes. This blog post inspired me to do a metal painting tutorial myself (I hope I'll get it done this month). I especially love the effects on the weapon barrels. Read this and the linked tutorials within the article if you want to become better at painting metal effects.
  • Eternal Hunt: The Ruinous Powers - Synthesis. KrautScientist from Eternal Hunt did a series of articles in which he painted  Chaos Space Marines from all of the four Cult Legions. It reminds me of this GW product and makes me want to do something like this myself.
  • Frontline Gamer: Sunday Sermon: Does familiarity breed contempt? I should have mentioned Frontline Gamer much earlier as he inspired me to do this blog in the first place and gave me advice on how to do it. I always read his Sunday Sermons because I like the meta approach to gaming, the industry and people around it and how it reflects back to ourselves.

This were the articles I enjoyed reading this week. I'll try to make this a weekly or bi-weekly category in my blog and I'm positive that this is going to work since I read a lot of wargaming blogs anyway. Have a nice read and see you again on Thursday when I'll ask the question: Which Chaos Legion should I play?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link Klaus. I'm always glad to inspire new Blogs!!! The more the merrier I say. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the shoutout, mate!

    ReplyDelete